A Man Alone's Blog

My little bit of Cyber space

My Photo
Name:
Location: Worthing, West Sussex, United Kingdom

I went to St Martin's School of Art in London.. I have been a dancer, a wig maker and was Deputy Wig and Makeup Master at the Royal National Theatre for 21 years. Latterly in Cornwall I was a Civil Servant, now semi-retired due to disability. I have moved from Cornwall due to my mother's health .

Saturday 7 November 2009

OO was this really me?


I have just found two pictures of me with a perm.. as was fashionable for both men and women at the time.. The first one is in the mid seventies when I was in my early twenties.. the second was on holiday in france in the eighties..

In the first I am at home making a wig.. oh dear the cigarette packet , drink and full ash tray.. is rather what a lot of people think of the theatrical profession.. This was taken during an all nighter as I had to finish the wig for the following day. And in case you are wondering .. I gave up smoking many years ago and very rarely drink alcohol these days... maybe the odd glass of wine .

The second one was during my new romantic look you can't see the plait at the back as I think it is over my right shoulder.. Slave to fashion that I was !!!!!!!

Enjoy and have a good laugh LOLO




Have a good day!!!!!
Peter Xx

4 Comments:

Blogger cornishmist - thats me ju x said...

Hi peter, thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower lol I dont have many lol, hope you pop back soon, would hate to get my old photies out lol the plait reminded me of when I had a rats tail lol ahhh sweet memories ju x

Tuesday, November 17, 2009  
Blogger Mandy said...

Hi Peter, have just found your blog..love your photo's..brought back memories for me when i was also a slave to fashion with some awful results..off to become a follower..take care..
Mandy xx

Thursday, January 28, 2010  
Blogger Debs said...

Loving your blog Peter, the felt work is great and I wonder at the state of the wig after being up all night on the wine constructing it - must have been interesting result! lol

Monday, April 19, 2010  
Blogger tea_bag said...

Oh old photos really do bring back all those memories oh times gone by, fab photos

Monday, June 28, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home